Saturday, September 30, 2006

One of the Days I've Dreamt of...

Everyone dreams of certain days in their lives that they know (or hope) will come. I used to dream of my children's births a lot. And that has come and gone and I know I will always treasure those memories. Now I have a new memory to treasure.

I was sitting on the couch last night with my Hoobly (my pet name for my boyfriend) and we were relaxing. He had his arm around me and I had my head on his shoulder. Then he kissed me and told me he loved me and I said I loved him too. "Will you marry me?" he said. I thought he was just saying, someday. I said "Of course", still lighthearted and playful. Then he paused, looked me in the eyes and pulled out a ring box he'd hidden in the cushions.

"No, will you marry me?"

Tears came to my eyes and I immediately said yes.

So, yes, dear friends. I am engaged! A beautiful solitare in a white gold band. I am so thrilled! Now I have a wedding to plan and a dress to shop for and socials to plan. So exciting! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Congratulations! :D