Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What's New

Hi all,
Just doing a quick update. Not a lot is new other than the official opening of our membership site. We're charging $4.99 for a one month membership up to $29.99 for a year. I'm hoping that people will realize that quality erotica is worth paying for.

I'm working on submitting some material for other venues as well, but it's hard to keep up to my own site plus submit to others! The Erotic Woman will be publishing "Windows" in the next week or two so that is a plus.

There are so many things that I want to do in this new year. I want to see IBA grow and become a place on the net where writers can publish, where writers can grow creatively, and yes, where it can be self-sustaining. I'd be happy to just be able to pay as many writers as I'd like to. I read so much good material but my budget can only handle so much.

I'd like to submit more of my writing to other places so that I, as an erotica writer, would become more known and valued in the erotica community. Which would benefit the site and therefore benefit my writers.

I'd like to write a book. I have had a sci-fi erotica book in my mind for ages. For a couple years anyway, but where do I find the time to write it.

Would I like to quit my job and write full time? Part of me screams yes. Part of me would miss the routine of going to work. I don't hate my job. I enjoy the challenges. I like the people I work with so I would definately never search out a different job. But the biggest part is I would love to have more time to write.

I'd like to get my 11 year old daughter to trust me enough that she'd actually speak to me! She thinks I'm "the enemy" and that I couldn't possibly understand her or her life. Jesus - I was 11 once too. And not that horribly long ago. She's a funny girl and it makes me terribly sad that we aren't close like I was with my mom.

I'd like to be healthier and I'd like to be healthier with my partner. We both need to lose weight but I don't even care so much about that as being healthy. We don't tend to take care of ourselves the way we take care of the kids!

I'd like to get to know more of the writers in the erotica community. I need a mentor. I need someone I can ask questions of - frequently! Any volunteers.

There are so many things I wish for this year. I don't know which ones to work on first!

No comments: